The Education Coordinator will 1) coordinate the implementation of the Tacugama Kids Environmental Education Programme (TKEEP) in both urban and rural schools, 2) carry out the Environmental Management component of the Freetown City Council’s ‘Transform Freetown Strategy’ for which Tacugama has been designated as the lead governing body and 3) develop existing partnership with Dr. Jane Goodall’s Roots and Shoots environmental education program.
- Represent TKEEP in network meetings, public forums, presentations, trainings, etc.
- Conduct teachers’ workshops and maintain healthy relationships with involved communities.
- Coordinate with various schools to maintain effective communication within community.
- Prepare and maintain documents for all education plans and implement and maintain all administrative processes.
- Assist with Tacugama Community Outreach Programme events and sensitization campaigns as needed.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Travel within Sierra Leone as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- 2-4 years of work experience in project support. Experience in the field of Education and experience working for an NGO would be a plus
- Additional education may substitute for some experience
The ideal candidate must work well in a fast-paced, flexible environment as well as provide a high level of cooperation with both stakeholders and external communities.
Terms of Contract
This is a full-time, six (6) day a week position with a $300 USD salary per month. The contract includes: on-site accommodation; one African style meal per day and return airfare (subject to contract completion). One year contract with possibility of extension.
How to Apply
Please send up-to-date CV and Cover Letter, copies of relevant certificates, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31st, 2019. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.